Mailbird is a powerful and versatile email client that helps you manage your emails more efficiently and effectively. It is a great choice for Windows users who want a user-friendly, productivity-focused email client. With its unified inbox, snooze feature, and speed reader, Mailbird is the perfect tool for staying on top of your emails.
What We Like
- Manages multiple accounts and identities very well (including unified folders)
- Enables you to snooze emails easily
- Performs basic email tasks particularly fast
- Has a user-friendly and customizable interface
- Connects with popular services such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter
What We Don’t Like
- Does not have filters or other tools for automation such as suggested replies or folders for filing
- Fails to identify key emails smartly
- Provides a fast and convenient search feature, but more criteria and focusing options would be nice
- Does not support CalDAV for syncing calendars
- Works only on Windows devices
- Does not offer a mobile app
In this article, I will review Mailbird and explain why I think it is one of the best email clients for Windows in 2023.
Features and Performance Analysis
Manage All Your Emails in One Place
A unified inbox is a feature that allows you to manage all of your emails from multiple accounts in one place. This convenient feature supports any email account, whether it’s Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or any other IMAP or POP3 account.
You can also customize your communication by using different identities and signatures for each account. This means that you can have different sender names, email addresses, and signatures for different accounts.
The unified inbox displays all of your emails from different accounts together. This allows you to view, reply, and organize your emails without having to log in and out of each account. This saves you time and hassle and helps you stay on top of your email communication.
How Mailbird Enhances Your Gmail Experience
Mailbird is the ideal email client for Gmail users. It has a user-friendly and customizable interface that works well with Google services. It also has some useful hacks and features that improve your Gmail experience. Here are some of the benefits of using Mailbird with Gmail:
- Unified Inbox: See all your emails from your Gmail account and other accounts in one place.
- Gmail Shortcuts: Use keyboard shortcuts to perform various actions in Mailbird faster and easier. Customize them to your preference in the settings menu.
- Send and Archive: Send an email and archive it in one action with a button or a keyboard shortcut. Keep your inbox clean and organized.
- Delivery Delay: Undo a sending mistake within a few seconds after clicking Send. Avoid embarrassing or costly errors when sending emails.
- Google Services: Connect with other Google services that work well with Gmail, such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Contacts, Google Hangouts, and Google Photos. Access them from one place without switching windows or tabs.
These benefits can help you enhance your email experience and save time and hassle when using Gmail in Mailbird.
With layout customization, you can tailor the interface to make it more user-friendly and efficient. The feature offers tons of free color themes to suit your mood or style. You also have the option to switch between different layouts to see more messages or more details of each message. Additionally, you can perform any action in seconds with keyboard shortcuts.
The app integration feature allows you to connect Mailbird with other popular services, such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Calendar, Asana, Todoist, and many more. This means that you can access all of these services from one place, without having to switch between different windows or tabs.
Here are some examples of how you can use app integrations to streamline your workflow and boost your productivity:
- Chat with your friends on WhatsApp without leaving your inbox.
- Update your status on Facebook without having to open a new tab.
- Share files on Dropbox without having to download them first.
- Manage your tasks on Asana or Todoist without having to switch between different apps.
- Sync your events on Google Calendar so you always know what’s coming up.
This way, you can streamline your workflow and boost your productivity.
However, the app integration feature also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of. For instance:
- Some of the apps are not very well integrated with Mailbird, and the functionality is limited or nonexistent. For example, you cannot reply to WhatsApp messages from Mailbird, or edit your Google Calendar events from Mailbird.
- Most of the apps are just web services running inside Mailbird, and they may not offer the same features or performance as their native versions. For example, you may experience slower loading times or glitches when using some apps in Mailbird.
- Some of the apps may require additional permissions or subscriptions to work with Mailbird. For example, you may need to sign in with your Google account or pay for a premium plan to use some apps in Mailbird.
AI-Powered Email Writing
Mailbird offers ChatGPT integration in its email clients, so you can you write high-quality emails immediately. This feature uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 language model to generate email content based on your input and preferences. You can use ChatGPT to write emails for different situations, such as:
- Requesting a meeting
- Following up on a project
- Giving feedback
- Apologizing for a mistake
- Asking for a favor, And many more
ChatGPT will help you craft professional and personalized emails that get your message across effectively and politely. You can also customize the generated emails to suit your style and tone. With Mailbird’s ChatGPT feature, you can save time and effort and improve your email communication skills.
Email snoozing is a feature that allows you to temporarily hide an email so that you can focus on other emails. You can then choose to have the email reappear at a later time. This is helpful for emails you don’t need to deal with immediately, but you don’t want to forget about both.
To snooze an email in Mailbird, you can right-click on the email and select “Snooze,” use the action bar at the top of the email, or the shortcut Z. The snoozed email will be archived in the snoozed folder until the time you specified.
Snoozing emails can help you to stay organized and reduce clutter in your inbox. It can also help you to prioritize your emails so that you can focus on the most important ones first.
Speed reading is a technique that allows you to read text quickly and efficiently, Mailbird has a built-in speed reader that can help you read your emails faster.
To activate the speed reader, click on the lightning icon at the top of any email. The speed reader will display the words of the email one by one at a fast pace. You can adjust the speed and control the reading process as you wish.
Speed reading can help you save time and improve your comprehension. It can also help you to read more emails in a shorter amount of time, which can boost your email productivity.
Here are some additional tips for using the speed reader:
- Start with a slow speed and gradually increase it as you become more comfortable with the technique.
- Take breaks every few minutes to avoid eye strain.
- Practice regularly to improve your speed and comprehension.
Note: Speed reading is not a magic bullet. It takes practice to improve your speed and comprehension, and you may not be able to achieve the 800 words per minute rate right-away. However, regular practice can significantly improve your email reading speed and efficiency.
This feature lets you find any attachment in your Mailbird account in seconds. Here’s how it works:
- Click on the paperclip icon at the top of your inbox.
- See all the attachments from all your accounts in one place.
- Filter them by type (images, documents, videos, spreadsheets, presentations, PDFs), size (small, medium, large), or date (today, yesterday, last week).
- Search by keywords or phrases.
For example, if you need an invoice, type “invoice” in the search box. Or, if you want to find a presentation you sent to a client last week, type “presentation client last week.”
Attachment search is a valuable tool for anyone who receives or sends a lot of attachments. It saves you time and hassle by helping you find what you need quickly and conveniently.
The dark theme is a setting that allows you to change the color scheme of Mailbird to a Dark or Lite theme. You can access this feature by clicking on the sun/moon icon at the bottom left corner. The dark theme will change the background color to black and make the text white. The Lite theme will do the opposite. The dark theme can help you reduce eye strain and save battery life.
Mailbird supports intuitive keyboard shortcuts for archiving, composing, replying, forwarding and many more activities. You can access a list of all the shortcuts by pressing Ctrl + / on your keyboard. You can also customize the shortcuts to your preference by going to the settings menu. The shortcuts can help you perform any action faster and easier.
Mailbird is a user-friendly and productive email client for Windows that supports multiple accounts and integrations. It has some useful features such as snooze, speed reader, templates, and ChatGPT. However, it also lacks some features such as filters, CalDAV support, and a mobile app.
If you are looking for a simple and fast email experience with some extra features, Mailbird is a good choice for you. However, if you want a more advanced and versatile email client, you may want to look elsewhere.
You can download Mailbird from their website and try it for yourself. It offers a free tier and a 14-day money-back guarantee for the paid plans.
You can have unlimited accounts on Mailbird.
You can use Mailbird to sync all your emails and contacts from multiple accounts easily in one Inbox.
You can add another account to Mailbird by clicking on the + icon on the left sidebar and following the instructions.
Yes, Mailbird supports Gmail and other popular email services.
You can add Gmail to Mailbird by clicking on the + icon on the left sidebar, selecting Gmail from the list of email services, and entering your Gmail credentials.
No, you cannot use Mailbird on your phone. Mailbird is currently only available for Windows computers. However, they are working on a cross-platform application that will be released later this year. If you want to sign up for early access and an exclusive offer, you can visit their website and enter your email address.